Students research and complete the organiser using the links below.
EXTENSION: Answer TWO of the following questions as a COMMENT to this post.
- When did the Eureka Stockade occur?
- Where was it located?
- Who was involved?
- What made the miners feel that they were being treated unfairly?
- How were they treated by the police?
- What were the conditions of the mining license?
- Why were the Victorian police so disliked?
Read through the following book and answer the comprehension questions along the way. Then read the rest of the book which tell stories about different convicts and officers on the First Fleet ships.
Life on Board the First Fleet Ships
Use the following websites to research what life on board the First Fleet ships would have been like: